Sunday 28 July 2013

How to Get Glowing Skin Using A Contour Kit

Diagram: How to Contour & Highlight

Contouring is not as scary as it seems and when used properly, it really does make a difference to the face and brings back/emphasises the natural dimensions of the face that we sometimes lose when we apply foundation. Any powder or liquid that is a bit darker than your skin tone can be used as a contour but my favourite contour so far is Sleek’s Contour Kit which I use in the colour dark. The kit provides a contour and a gold highlighting powder which I use on the bridge of my nose, the apples of my cheeks, my brow bone, my forehead and my chin (as the diagram shows). Whilst the contour adds definition by creating shadows, the highlighting powder adds definition to the points of the face that the natural light/sun would hit.

Sleek Contour Kit 

Tip: After I apply the highlight and contour I use a stippling or blending brush to blend it then apply blush to the apples of my cheeks. I then use a kabuki brush lightly all over my face to disperse the colour and create that glow.



Here's How It Came Out When I Did It







2 comments:

  1. WOW! I've been wondering how people do this for so long, I am definitely going to buy that. You look so lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Yh you should defo get it, I love this now that I've learnt how to use it

      Delete